Looking for ways to spice up your Valentine’s Day this year? Look no further than these delicious Boozy Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries! A great way to turn up the romance and fun this year with this tasty treat.
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 cups alcohol of your choice
- 3.5 oz. dark (72% cacao) chocolate, finely chopped
- Pearl Sprinkles
1. Rinse the strawberries, pat dry, and place them in a 16-ounce mason jar or large bowl.
2. Fill the jar or bowl with your preferred alcohol, making sure the berries are submerged. Place the lid on the jar, and close tightly. If using a bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Leave the filled jar in the refrigerator overnight, or for 12 hours.
3. Drain the strawberries over a large bowl. If you’re using vodka or bourbon, you have a delicious flavored alcohol for cocktails! Use within 2 days. (You might want to toss your Champagne and port unless you get creative with the leftover liquid.) Place the strawberries on paper towels to absorb excess moisture. Let sit for 5 minute. Pat dry your strawberries.
4. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 20% power for 15 seconds; remove bowl from microwave, and stir. Repeat procedure about 4 or 5 times, microwaving and stirring until most of chocolate has melted. Let stand 1 minute or until chocolate is thoroughly melted and smooth, stirring occasionally.
5. Line a baking sheet or tray with parchment paper. Grab each strawberry by the leaves. Dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate about 3/4 of the way. Leave a bit of red and the leaves uncovered. Gently swirl each strawberry over the bowl of chocolate to remove any excess and to ensure an even, silky coat. Add pearl sprinkles around the top of the chocolate. Place the dipped strawberries on the parchment-lined tray.
6. To speed up the drying time, you can refrigerate the tray for about 10 minutes or until the chocolate is set.