You won’t be able to get enough of these Bourbon Glazed Donut Holes! These amazing donuts are unique twist on a classic dessert.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
1. Heat the milk and butter over low heat until the butter is just melted and the temperature of the mixture is between 100ºF and 105ºF.
2. Combine the milk mixture and yeast in a medium bowl or standing mixer and mix on low for 30 seconds. Add 1 1/3 cup flour, sugar, and a pinch of salt. Mix 15 seconds, until just combined. Add another cup of the flour and the egg and mix for another 15 seconds. Add the remaining flour and mix until the mixture begins to come away from the sides of the bowl, roughly 30 seconds. Remove the bowl from the mixer, cover with plastic wrap, and let dough rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
3. Place the dough onto a lightly dusted work surface and roll until 1/2-inch thick. Using a 1 1/2-inch round cutter, cut dough into 48 round doughnut holes. Pour oil into a heavy-bottomed saucepan to a depth of 3 inches. Heat to 375ºF. Fry doughnuts in batches until golden brown, about 45 seconds per side. Drain on paper towels.
4. Combine confectioner’s sugar and bourbon until the mixture reaches a pourable consistency. Stack doughnuts in a pyramid and drizzle with glaze. Serve immediately.