Serve the perfect Father’s Day cocktail and toast them with a drink that’s worthy of them. Celebrate Dad. Assuming your dad likes a good mixed drink, Father’s Day drinks are a fun way to bond with dads, granddads, and the rest of the family.
- 1 ½ parts bacon infused Maker’s Mark bourbon*
- ¼ part maple syrup
- 3-4 dashes angostura bitters
- Strip of cooked bacon for garnish
1. In a rocks glass, stir bitters and maple, top with bacon infused bourbon.
2. Add ice and garnish with a strip of cooked bacon.
Bacon infused bourbon
- 3-4 strips of bacon
- 750 ml bourbon
1. Cook 3-4 strips of thick bacon, enough to yield 1 ounce of fat (eat the bacon after!).
2. Once bacon fat has cooled to room temperature, pour in to a storage container.
3. Add 750mL bourbon, cover and freeze overnight.
4. Using a fine mesh sieve, strain bourbon in to a new container removing large bits of bacon.
5. Lastly, double strain your bourbon back in to the bottle.
Godfather Cocktail Recipe
1. Build the ingredients in an old-fashioned glass with ice cubes.
2. Stir well.
3. Garnish with orange peel
- 1 1/2 ounces dark rum
- 1/2 ounce amaretto liqueur
- 8 ounces Cola (or enough to top off a Collins glass)
1. Pour the dark rum and amaretto into a collins glass filled with ice.
2. Top with cola.
3. Stir well.