Get lucky with these Mint Oreo Stuffed, Bailey’s Irish Cream infused cupcakes iced with a creamy delicious Bailey’s Irish Cream Frosting. This tempting treat is one of my favorite ways to celebrate St. Patricks Day!
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 cups minus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 18-20 mint Oreos
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 12 ounces heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare cupcake pans with liners. Place one Mint Oreo in the bottom of each liner.
3. In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add eggs, Bailey’s, oil, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in boiling water. Batter will be very thin at this point.
5. Pour into cupcake liners. Fill about 3/4 full.
6. Bake about 18-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before adding the frosting on top.
7. For the frosting: Place the chocolate chips in a bowl and set aside. Heat the heavy cream on medium heat until simmering. Pour the cream over the chips and let sit for 5 minutes. Then whisk until smooth. Add in the Bailey’s Irish cream, whisk to combine. Cover the ganache with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until cool.
8. In your stand mixer with whisk attachment, pour your ganache into the mixing bowl. Whisk on medium high speed until light and fluffy.
9. When cupcakes are cooled, then using a pastry bag and tip swirl the frosting on top. Decorate with an Oreo or mint Oreo cookie crumbs!
* You can top the cupcakes with a whole oreo, half an Oreo, or crushed mint Oreo crumbs.